Why can't I upgrade to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had reserved windows 10 on my laptop which is running on windows 8.1 (authentic) so when the upgrade was ready I did as told in the instructions and everything seemed good and it even restarted but when it reached 100% and windows 10 were supposed to work, nothing happened and instead continued to work on windows 8.1. On windows update is says that the update failed. I've already done this at least 6 times and it's still the same. I even dectivated my antivirus because I read somewhere it might disturb the upgrade but with no luck. The notification app says my laptop is compatible so I don't know what the problem is exactly.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Seems this has happened to quite a few people. I own three computers that have 8.1 on them and when the first invites came out all three got approved and got the icon on the task bar. It has been awhile and only one of the three has received the actual update and I had to revert back to 8.1 the first time and reinstall it again. My brother has two computers with Win7 on them and they also received the icon but have never received the update. That one out of five. Beginning to wonder about the actual figures as to how many has received it as to how many were approved but never received. ??????????

MyYeol

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm the one who asked the question and I'm writing to say that I solved the problem. Obviously, what my laptop needed was a clean boot. If you just google (clean boot windows 8.1), the first link should be a microsoft support site so you just click that, follow the instructions and afterwards when you try to upgrade to windows 10 there shouldn't be a problem. I hope my solution applies to other people as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss