why do i always get BSOD?

D

dpsl

Yesterday, I updated my laptop to the windows 10 but i keep having problems when i try to open a game. I always get BSOD and they have diferentes messages. Most of them are about memory management, others refer to the watch dog. I don't really know what to do. Can anyone help me?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If you were not getting a BSOD before updating to Windows 10, and are now getting them, then it is likely a bad driver that is the culprit.

Memory management, pointers, all that stuff are the things drivers are famous for messing up on your system. If you have a laptop, then go to the laptop's manufacturer's website and download the most recent Windows 10 drivers for your laptop. If you've got a pre-built desktop, same answer. If you've got a custom-built machine, then go to the manufacturer website for each part inside, and get those drivers. Uninstall existing drivers and reinstall the new ones.

If you've got Anti-virus software, make sure the publisher has certified the version you are using to work with Windows 10. Many are not currently working and are causing a lot of issues. Same with software firewalls.

You may want to give the following thread a read. It gives instructions on how to fix that issue.
Edge is behaving, even on Windows Central. Here's why

If you're still having problems, please register for an account here on the forums and return to this thread. Let us know what you've tried to fix the issue, what type of device you have, etc. and we'll try to help you get your problem sorted out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss