Should I buy Lumia 930 or HTC One M8 for Windows?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

is the lumia 930 still having overheating issues? ive been reading a lot of posts were people say that the phone gets pretty uncomfortable to hold after 5-10 minutes of light to medium usage. over heating is a big thing for me. but the device itself looks pretty amazing. same with the m8, but the 930 appeals to me more. does the m8 have overheating problems like the 930? on ebay, the lumia runs for around 330 USD, and the m8 runs around 290-300USD . which one?

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
is the lumia 930 still having overheating issues? ive been reading a lot of posts were people say that the phone gets pretty uncomfortable to hold after 5-10 minutes of light to medium usage. over heating is a big thing for me. but the device itself looks pretty amazing. same with the m8, but the 930 appeals to me more. does the m8 have overheating problems like the 930? on ebay, the lumia runs for around 330 USD, and the m8 runs around 290-300USD . which one?

Cant exactly speak for sure about the 930. From my experience my 920 overheated on Cyan and ultimately needed a motherboard replacement, since then it was way cooler.

Id go for the 930 for its camera and build, not to mention the denim update which made things faster.

Would not vouch for the m8 due to the camera and lens itself. Do read up about the lens issue and how the camera isn't the best.

Ultimately its up to you and what you want. My opinion is based on what i want.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I have the M8 and like it but I only have it because that is the best Verizon phone at present. I agree that the camera is a weak link but I don't take as many photos as many others do and my eye sight isn't as good as it once was.

I don't have any experience with the 930 but it is the GSM Version of the Icon/ Lumia 929. It will be a much better phone for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster