Hey everyone,
    so i am a first year university student studying business with a major in finance. I am planning on purchasing a surface pro 3 before i start school in the fall but i can not decide whether or not I need an i3 or i5 processor?
    I will be using it for the majority of my note taking in class, web browsing, probably movies, maybe some light games (things like angry birds or so) not to extensive, and videos. I wont keep much on it because i have a laptop that is more powerful than my surface would be where I would be doing the majority of any work that requires more. As well as an external hard drive to store my information. The only thing I would be worried about is maybe a computer science course i am taking as i am not to sure what my courses will really require me to do in terms of work as this is my first year. What do you guys think would suit me best i3 or i5?
    If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated.
    08-17-2015 02:31 AM
    Hey everyone,
    I am starting university in the fall and i was looking at getting a Surface Pro 3. I am a first year business student and i am not entirely sure how demanding my courses are really going to be. My main use for it will be note taking as well as some web browsing, maybe some movies, occasional game like angry birds not to extensive. I do have my main laptop that i will be doing anything more demanding on. As well as an external hard drive i will keep my data on. I will be using this tablet for all 4 years of my program and i want it to serve me the best it can.
    so what do you guys think will best suit my needs an i3 or i5?
    08-17-2015 02:55 AM
    Sounds like an i3 will do you, but...movies?

I went for the i5, not for the grunt but because of the 128GB SSD as they only offer the i3 with 64GB. Like you I keep most of my data off the machine (OneDrive) but I didn't want to keep juggling for space as 20GB or so is needed for W10.

Something to think about....
    08-17-2015 04:25 AM
    Day-to-day stuff there's nothing in it between an i3 and an i5, it's when you get into intensive tasks and gaming you'll see the differences. For a long term view I'd get the i5 if you can afford it, especially as most people end up using their devices more than they anticipate.
    08-17-2015 04:27 AM
    Almost duplicate threads merged.
    08-17-2015 11:50 AM