How can I get Windows 10 to load?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

At first, after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I started getting an error message, saying that Windows couldn't find any information about my graphics card (ASUS AMD HD 6450 SILENT). So, I downloaded and installed the Windows 10-compatible drivers and software. That made the yellow warning sign in Device Manager go away. Unfortunately, after shutting down the PC (Sony VAIO VGC-RB64G desktop), I can no longer boot up into Windows. I see the VAIO splash screen and then the Windows startup logo screen. After that the screen goes black and stays that way. If I press the enter key, I can then see the mouse pointer with revolving blue circle. Although I can get into the repair screen if I manually shut down and power up again several times, there is nothing I can do there since I don't have access to the mouse pointer or anything else in that screen. I am using a wireless keyboard with built-in trackball and left and right mouse buttons, none of which do anything at that point. Since I can't get to the desktop or even into safe mode, there is nothing I can do. Inasmuch as I had to use another computer to post this question, please reply to my e-mail address: jbergs@sbcglobal.net. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05