Why don't some letters of my keyboard work?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

some letters of my keyboard doesn't work

after upgrading to windows 10 some letters of my keyboard doesn't work

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: some letters of my keyboard doesn't work

Is this windows 10 for pc or for phone?

What's the model of your device?

Were they working on your previous os version?

What keys aren't working?

TC Dilek Bebe-Jans

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Casper Nirvana Ultrabook and after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 some letters of my keyboard stopped working.
Those letters are uıopjklşm?.:?=)( /&^' But a week ago all of a sudden I got a blue page -seemed crushed- and after getting out from there the computer rebooted and suddenly my keyboard started to work normaly again. But 2 days ago windows updated itself and again the keyboard doesn't work. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance.:smile:

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

My keyboards won't work at all since the last update. Neither my surface pro 3 type cover keyboard nor my desktop keyboard. I find it hard to believe this is coincidence

TC Dilek Bebe-Jans

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Casper Nirvana Ultrabook and after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 some letters of my keyboard stopped working.
Those letters are uıopjklşm?.:?=)( /&^' But a week ago all of a sudden I got a blue page -seemed crushed- and after getting out from there the computer rebooted and suddenly my keyboard started to work normaly again. But 2 days ago windows updated itself and again the keyboard doesn't work. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance.

MissParticular

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Some letters on my Acer Aspire laptop keyboard have periodically stopped working since the Windows 10 update.

Sometimes the keyboard is fine, but more often than not, a whole bunch of keys don't work at all. Incredibly frustrating... I can only tolerate the on-screen keyboard for so long, as my laptop is not a touch screen, so it's a very slow process :-(

I have checked keyboard drivers, checked updates, restarting, the usual things etc. And this has not helped at all.

Anyone been able to resolve this, or have some insight? Thanks :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire