How to delete cache of photo app in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

In the photo app in Windows 10 there are tons of pictures showing even though I removed all the source folders.

If I added new folders, the old pictures are still showing.

What do I need to do, so that only pictures from the CURRENT source folders are showing and NOT from the ones that I've already removed?

BrentLangford

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
This is an old thread but this issue was occurring on my computer, Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.720. When clicking the Start button, 5 cached images would carousel-rotate on the Microsoft Photos application tile in the "Life at a glance" section. Here are the steps that worked for me.

Open Settings. Navigate to Apps. On the Apps and features, locate Microsoft Photos in the list. Click the entry to expand it, then click on "Advanced options".

MicrosoftPhotos01.png

Scroll down the options to the Reset section, where you will see action buttons for "Repair" and "Reset". I did not try the Repair option, but clicked Reset. You have to click again to confirm. After a brief mouse pointer animation, a check mark appears beside the Reset button.

MicrosoftPhotos02.png

Checking my "Life at a glance" section, I no longer have cached images.

MicrosoftPhotos03.png

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is an old thread but this issue was occurring on my computer, Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.720. When clicking the Start button, 5 cached images would carousel-rotate on the Microsoft Photos application tile in the "Life at a glance" section. Here are the steps that worked for me.

Open Settings. Navigate to Apps. On the Apps and features, locate Microsoft Photos in the list. Click the entry to expand it, then click on "Advanced options".

View attachment 142030

Scroll down the options to the Reset section, where you will see action buttons for "Repair" and "Reset". I did not try the Repair option, but clicked Reset. You have to click again to confirm. After a brief mouse pointer animation, a check mark appears beside the Reset button.

View attachment 142031

Checking my "Life at a glance" section, I no longer have cached images.

View attachment 142032

This is good advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes