My Lumia 535 is locked for security reasons . How do I unlock it ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my phone lumia 535 is locked for security reasons . how to unlock it ?

it written to connect the phone to power source for 2 hours and try again i done that
but no use

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: my phone lumia 535 is locked for security reasons . how to unlock it ?

It appears that your phone isn't locked for security reasons... it just needs charging. But since you indicated that you've already tried charging your phone, then you could check and ensure that the battery connection is secure and tight, and that the battery contacts are indeed properly aligned and set - and then you can try charging your phone again.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: phone locked for 2 hours

Could you provide us with a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

P.S.
It is not necessary to post a separate thread on the same topic twice, even if there has been no response on the first thread. Doing so is discouraged to minimize forum clutter and to encourage consolidation of information. Threads Merged.

lonewolf00708

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a lumia 640 with that same error at 100% battery. "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to a power source for at least 2 hours, and then try again." Only button is emergency call.

Muhammad Rafey

May 4, 2014
Visit site
the only way is to Had the same problem but after much lamenting, I found a solution that keeps all your data intact and would not require you to do a hard reset. I use a Nokia lumia 830 and I upgraded about two days ago to build 10536 (10.0.10536.1004) if you have set up the FIND MY PHONE function using the WINDOWSPHONE.COM website and your PHONE SETTINGS, you're in luck!. I simply used the lock function on the website to change my lock code to one of my choosing. My windows phone after a few seconds restarted and after booting was complete, I unlocked my phone using the lock code I choose online. That's all!. I don't know why my phone had to restart but I was too happy to care. hope this works for you too even trying this method still phone gets lock again so give us a proper way people are facing this same problem again these days to much pleeezzzz dont disapoint us already we are to much dissapointed :eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck::eck:

Syam Manikandan

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I faced the same problem with my Lumia 730. If you've opted for "find my phone" in your phone settings, all you've to do is go to account.microsoft.com > Devices > Find my phone > Lock. You'll be asked for a new 6 digit pin. Once you complete that the phone will be automatically rebooted. Now you can sign in to the phone with your new pin. Anyway, microsoft sucks.

Saliu Raji

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
i am present having the problem. But unfortunately i was unable to find FIND MY PHONE rather i saw GET RECOVERY KEY. and i was try to get it whether i will be able to find solution from there, but it keeps bringing try again. is there alternatives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos