How do I stop W10 nagging me to 'Verify' my account every 10 minutes?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lately W10 has begun to nag me repeatedly to verify my account despite the fact I have only recently done this. It is very, very, annoying and a waste of my time. I don't really want the blasted on-line account anyway but went along with creating one just to see what MSFT's vision for the future of (their) computing might look like. Well if I have to log on to every MSFT blasted service/app forum everytime then the future looks pretty bleak.
So how do I switch this nag off or do I just abandon the online a/c and go back to simple local a/c?

cdnloon

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I ran into this problem as well. I have since solved it by going into the Credential Manager in the Control Panel and in the section under Windows Credentials, (not the Web Credentials), I entered the name of my IP supplier, then the next line down my name in front of the email address and finally the password for my Microsoft account. Since doing this, I have not been bothered with the "Verify my account message in Windows 10"
I joined this forum to relay this fix.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree with the Guest at the top of this thread.
What a pain in the neck this stupid account verification nonsense is becoming. First I am repeatedly nagged to sign in to my Outlook.com mail A/c. Then, minutes later, nagged to sign in to verify Windows A/c. Of course everyone knows you 'only have to enter your password' to clear the nag - the problem is having to do this every 10 minutes or so! The option to log in as a local user is of course pointless if you want to 'enjoy' the MSFT online ecosystem as well.
Only MSFT could create an 'online' A/c system that cannot remember users logging in.
This needs fixing but customers will probably have to wait another 10 years for MSFT to do something about it so thanks to cdnloon for this fix which I have just tried.

Last edited:

iwameed

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Get a local account. Or just link a phone number or an alternate email address to your MS acc. to verify it. Verification is important for security purposes, like in case you forget your password, so thats why you get frequent alerts. Even google requires you to give an alternate email when creating a new account. So there's no way of getting out of it if you sign in with an unverified MS account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa