Viber desktop update continuously fails, how can I get this working properly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

Viber desktop update continuously fails

I have reinstalled 3 times and have therefore lost any conversations I had going.
When I start it up it comes up with the update window but then seems to fail no other correspondence and the viber.exe file is gone. Still works fine on my Android phone but I like the convenience of the desktop app.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I see this is an ongoing issue. One year later I can confirm this is persistent situation.
The desktop app is working fine on my Mac, but for some reason it is self-upgrading (destroying) every second day on my wife's and my company laptops. Both machines run Windows 7 (Ultimate and Enterprise resp.)
It is quite irritating and annoying.
Anyone to find a solution?

I believe it is for the viber team to sort out the problem - the problems still exist in windows 10 thought to a much smaller degree

petkovst

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
A quick heads up guys.

I just searched my machine for "Viber" and deleted all "update" related files which will prevent program from self-upgrading.
In result Viber started normally without updater files and was using only ~4 MB of RAM minimized in my system tray.

Here is a screenshot while it's maximized Screenshot by Lightshot - I am quite pleased with the result. Before it was consuming 200 MB in average.
So, my own conclusion is to update the software manually if needed.
I hope this will help some of you:) Cheers! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720