Touch screen facility on Surface 2 not working after MS updates + MS not helping

Pleaselisten

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
The touchscreen facility on my Surface 2 has stopped working after I installed the latest MS updates on my Surface 2 last night. I called MS technical help; I was advised to "refresh" and then "reset" my Surface 2 - which didn't help at all and was just a 3-hour waste of my time - when it didn't work they told me that they knew it was an issue related to the latest updates (...so why make me do the reset???) and that it will take MS 3 weeks to come up with a solution!!!!!
Meantime, I have to explain to all my business contacts (I use my Surface 2 for presenting to clients) that Microsoft's own updates have messed up their own hardware!!!!

....UNBELIEVABLE!!!! unbelievable that this should happen in the first place (...how difficult would it be for MS to run all updates in test before letting them loose on customers?????) and an unbelievably awful reaction from Microsoft to the problem they have created!!!! (and MS technical told me that they don't even have a customer service dept at Microsoft that you can complain to!!!!!

And the ads on this forum slow it down to an extremely irritating degree! (I would never buy anything from people who want to slow down my access to answers to MS isssues!!!)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry that you had issues with Microsoft customer service.

As for the ads on WindowsCentral, that is unrelated. WindowsCentral is a fan-based site, with no affiliation to Microsoft.

Pleaselisten

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply - very surprised that you say that this site is not linked to MS - with a name like Windows Central and the pink Windows logo etc it looks as if it is! This should be made clearer to forum users - right now it is mis-leading! I was hoping it was something to do with MS!

DAK247

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
My Surface 2 touch screen also stopped working yesterday; thankfully I have a keyboard but what a disaster. It's the touch screen I bought this for. Come on Microsoft, get a grip and resolve this!
I've been raving about the Surface to everyone I know who has an iPad - don't think I'll be doing that any more if MS are leaving their customers high and dry.

luca leen15

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here.
I called MS support and they told me that this is a "known problem" and they are working to solve it with next updates.
Only suggestion that they told me is to keep up to date the surface that has the problem and DISABLE updates on the surface that are still working.

tcvetanovski

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I went to the Microsoft store and basically they did the reset and re-installed but the touch screen did not work. They told me this is due to an update and I just need to wait for the update.

I like the Surface 2 but it is hard to believe this main function would break during an update. I asked if they would give me some credit to buy a Surface 3 and they told me no and that I should sell it on eBay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros