Stuck on Windows 10 start up permanently, how can I move from here?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Stuck on Windows 10 start up permanently

So I upgraded a few days after launch from Win7 SP1 to Win10 on my desktop. It was going fine until just recently every time I boot up my computer it does not get past the login screen. Sometimes it lets me log in, sometimes the password box is disabled as well as the power button on the bottom left. Sometimes it boots up to just a black screen. No cursor. Nothing.
A few days ago it actually let me do more. It took me to advanced options and I tried to repair it. It told me Windows wasn't able to repair my PC so I tried to reset it. I went to work while it was resetting and when I got back it was stuck on 39% for a while and then a black screen again when I came back from dinner.

Afterwards I decided I was done with Win10 (I never even got to try my XB1 games on it T_T). So I tried the "Go back to the previous version" option, and it told me my desktop had no previous version. I even tried reinstalling Win7 from DVD but it wouldn't recognize my 2TB hard drive at all!

I have it on once more and it's on that black screen again.... I don't know what to do and many forums and help sites I've read have not been helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss