Why won't my Windows Phone 8.1 search bar in browser clear its contents?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,
I know various versions of this have been posted here as I've been trying to sort this out for some time.
I have a Lumia 830 phone with Windows 8.1. My problem with it is that the Internet Explorer address bar search terms don't clear following any and all methods posted on this forum and advice I've gotten from MS tech support.

Have tried and didn't work:
- delete history from browser.
- close all browsers, using backbutton to kill open app, going to settings-applications-search and deleting history from there
- soft reset of phone.

The only thing that made them go away *temporarily* was to WIPE the phone completely. Then, if I log in with the Microsoft account, it all shows up again(!).
I have gone to my onedrive account and deleted all phone backups, etc...
What gives!?! Also, this reloads all the bookmarks from all previous windows phones I've owned. Some of the search terms that pop up are for things I searched for TWO phones ago...

I should also add, just today I received a warranty replacement phone which does exactly the same thing. the only way of not having the search terms appear is to wipe the phone and not log into the microsoft account.

Does anyone know where this data is being saved so I can CLEAR it completely?
This is a major privacy and security concern for me. Do I need to delete my MS account and get a new one?

thank you to anyone who can help me with this mess.
I am a longtime Nokia user who actually likes WindowsPhone a lot.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
For you can do only one thing. Create a new Microsoft Account, backup all your useful datas, viz. Documents, Music, Videos and Photos only from your older Microsoft account, and one thing, don't directly upload your photos, music, videos and documents from your older account to new created account, instead first download those in your PC and then upload it in your new account. And then, Permanently delete your older Microsoft account.

RKFaulhaber

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I would do that if I knew it would fix the problem. I'd prefer not to because I have an Office subscription associated with the account. Do you know, is the subscription transferable?

On with MS tech support again to see if they can delete any phone data in the cloud and ensure its not being saved. This is a serious security problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium