Why does Windows 8.1 keep switching from Desktop to Start Menu Automatically?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 8.1 Keeps switching from Desktop to Start Menu Automatically

My laptop switches from my Desktop to the Windows 8.1 Start menu screen even though I leave it open behind. In addition, the power plan automatically switches to "High Performance" profile at the same time. It switches only after 35-40 minutes probably. I checked out on the Internet for possible fixes but seems like I'm the only one have encountered this problem. I have already scanned my whole system with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Kaspersky Total Security Antivirus programs but they found nothing. I've tried Rouge Killer CMD but it didn't solved the problem as well, so I would conclude that it's not a virus. I have Asus X555L and I have bought it 2 months ago but after a few days, this problem suddenly occured without my attention. I don't know where it came from and I haven't changed default settings that much. Please help me how to get rid of this. It's quite annoying while doing my work and playing some games so hopefully you can help me with this problem. Thanks!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 8.1 Keeps switching from Desktop to Start Menu Automatically

Not sure what the problem might be.. It could that you hit a key combo during gaming which causes the start menu to launch?

Also check if the tablet mode is set to off.. settings > system > tablet mode

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3