Why can't Windows 10 recognize my Windows Phone and Android Phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 cannot recognize my Windows Phone and Android Phone

I plug my Windows Phone or Android Phone, but drive on my phone doesnt appear

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 cannot recognize my Windows Phone and Android Phone

why, have to use that app? this bug from windows 10 or something?

Which windows phone are you using? My icon works flawless when I plug it into my Asus win 10 laptop, no apps required. Are you sure the Usb cable you are using is also a data cable instead of one those charge only cables? Have u tried a different usb cable period? Sorry I cant test a android phone, don't have one present to try...

R Aditya Gumay

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi charles, i use Lumia 920 and Asus ZenFone 2, yes, i also use windows 8, and works well. But, in My windows 10 cant. i just use USBDView. but still not work

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi charles, i use Lumia 920 and Asus ZenFone 2, yes, i also use windows 8, and works well. But, in My windows 10 cant. i just use USBDView. but still not work

That is weird... Sounds lame but do you have a neighbor or someone close enough within reason on 10 you can plug the windows phone in and double check it? I would also try a different data cord. I had a Motorola atrix 2 that got finicky bout cords after bout a year of plugging and unplugging it for charging. Charging worked fine but transferring data and syncing got really aggravating... Wear n tear lol.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

why, have to use that app? this bug from windows 10 or something?

It can happen on any box. USB ports get used over and over. Look at how many drivers are stacked in there. Sometimes you just have to blow some out and start again. It's not 10... It happens all the time on any version.

Try getting rid of any associated with both phones and letting a fresh install of drivers take place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium