Why does my lock screen photo change to landscape when I want it to be portrait?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why does my lock screen photo change to landscape when i want it to be portrait?

whenever I change my lock screen photo, half of it appears because it becomes landscape view on my Lumia 640

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does my lock screen photo change to landscape when i want it to be portrait?

Welcome to Windows Central.

You first need to orient your phone in portrait mode to determine the "natural" orientation of the image you're trying to set as the lock screen. If the image you're trying to set is originally in land scape mode, it is not enough to orient your phone in landscape (so the image appears to fill the entire screen of your phone) and then attempt to set it as a lock screen at that position. You first need to rotate the image, i.e. by using Photo Hub and then editing it by rotating it 90-degrees and then save the changes you've made. Once it's rotated such that the image is in portrait mode while your phone is upright, you can already set the image as a lock screen in portrait mode (without having it change to landscape mode automatically).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05