How Do I Get Rid Of An Annoying Bing Pop-up Follow Up?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Annoying Bing Pop-up Follow Up

Hi--I posted this before. I am using an hp Pavillion laptop with Windows 10 and I keep getting random Bing pop-ups while using my computer. I have disabled Cortana and set the "Search Online and Include Web Results" toggle to off. I have deleted Bing as a search engine in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I have changed the default browser in Microsoft Edge, although I cannot find a way to delete it from there. The only way I can use my laptop is if I turn off wifi as these pop-ups come faster than I can close out the windows. Often, I have to log off and/or restart my computer to get them to (temporarily) stop--I'm actually using my iPad to ask this question. This was happening when I had Windows 8, and I was hoping the upgrade would take care of it. Any more ideas? Thanks.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Annoying Bing Pop-up Follow Up

Welcome to Windows Central.

Do you have screen shots to share so that we would be able to firmly grasp what you're trying to describe? Also, have you tried scanning your PC using the new Windows Defender?

You may (and should) create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread (and it would save you from the need of duplicating your previous post if it was unanswered).

JRJC13

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site

Sorry-no screen shots--I cannot do anything online on my laptop.
What happens is, as soon as I log into my desktop, my web browser automatically opens to the bing search engine with the words "How to get help in Windows 10" in the search bar. This is immediately followed by another page opening to bing with the same search, which is immediately followed by another, then another...you get the picture. If I manage to close the web browser, it just starts up again. I have looked up this problem on several help sites and followed the advice--this has temporarily stopped the problem, but it keeps coming back.
Any advice?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the information and update.

Have you tried checking Task Manager > Startup tab and see if anything strange is listed in there (anything that you don't recognize)? At the very least, you could try that method which has temporarily stopped the problem, and then take a photo using your phone of your Task Manager > Startup tab then upload that photo here - we could probably help identify what is causing that issue from the list.

uditdinesh

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

i too have the same problem just as i start windows the browser opens out of nowhere and infinite number of tabs keep on opening titled "get help with windows 10" by bing search cant do anything else

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon