How can I retrieve my pics and data from my broken Nokia Lumia 1020?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

how can I retrieve my pics and data from my broken nokia lumia 1020? Thanks.

can?t access phone because of damage Screen so unable to Login...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how can I retrieve my pics and data from my broken nokia lumia 1020? Thanks.

By being unable to Login, did you mean that you have set a PIN for your phone and that you can't enter your four-digit PIN? If yes, then I'm afraid not even the suggestion of 8mir will work, since you need to enter the PIN first before your PC will be able to see the files in your phone - standard security measure.

You can:
1. replace the screen yourself without touching the mainboard of the phone, but this requires a certain degree of technical knowledge and a pair of steady hands (and good eyesight);
2. take your phone to a service center and instruct them not to reformat your phone, or to retrieve all your files first before they begin repairing your phone - they should at least be able to give you some access to your screen so that you can enter your PIN.

If these don't work, then the last resort would be to take your phone to a data-recovery service provider, but that would cost some money and some legal documents along the way (that's why this third one isn't numbered as an option).

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss