Will the Nokia Lumia 920 get a full update of Windows 10 or not?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

will nokia lumia 920 will get full update of windows 10 or not ?

Hi
I have been using windows 10 on lumia 920 via windows insider but its a tech preview only. Will i get chsnce to update full version or not ? Or i have to stick up with this tech preview? And once i updated my phone with windows insider then can i again update with same i sider so that ican get latest tech preview Or is there any other ethod to get updated? Thanks

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: will nokia lumia 920 will get full update of windows 10 or not ?

So basically I'm going to give you the complete rin down, the Nokia Lumia 920 among others is 2 years old and therefore much to my and many others disappointment will not get the official update, at least not the way you'd expect. What you will need to do is continue using insider, then once you get the RTM version open the app, and opt out of updates, you will get normal updates and not the insider ones, At anytime you will be able to reinstall the app and get preview builds again if you so choose. But in a short summary, you will get the official update, but through the windows insider app.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes it'll probably get the full version. If you have ATT though you'll have to go Insider.

Although the Insider program is the full version, just right now its unfinished, and after launch it'll be fancier things.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Both of the prior answers contain statements based on speculation.

We'll have to wait and see what feature set goes to which phones. My speculation is that they will all get the "full" build but lack of specific hardware will mean certain features (i.e. Continuum, "Hey Cortana," etc.) will not be available. I also speculate that even the mighty AT&T and Verizon will eventually "allow" the upgrade though by that time everyone who wanted it will have already gotten there with Insider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea