Hi
    I have been using windows 10 on lumia 920 via windows insider but its a tech preview only. Will i get chsnce to update full version or not ? Or i have to stick up with this tech preview? And once i updated my phone with windows insider then can i again update with same i sider so that ican get latest tech preview Or is there any other ethod to get updated? Thanks
    09-09-2015 11:51 AM
    So basically I'm going to give you the complete rin down, the Nokia Lumia 920 among others is 2 years old and therefore much to my and many others disappointment will not get the official update, at least not the way you'd expect. What you will need to do is continue using insider, then once you get the RTM version open the app, and opt out of updates, you will get normal updates and not the insider ones, At anytime you will be able to reinstall the app and get preview builds again if you so choose. But in a short summary, you will get the official update, but through the windows insider app.
    09-09-2015 09:52 PM
    Yes it'll probably get the full version. If you have ATT though you'll have to go Insider.

Although the Insider program is the full version, just right now its unfinished, and after launch it'll be fancier things.
    09-10-2015 11:46 AM
    Both of the prior answers contain statements based on speculation.

We'll have to wait and see what feature set goes to which phones. My speculation is that they will all get the "full" build but lack of specific hardware will mean certain features (i.e. Continuum, "Hey Cortana," etc.) will not be available. I also speculate that even the mighty AT&T and Verizon will eventually "allow" the upgrade though by that time everyone who wanted it will have already gotten there with Insider.
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:05 PM