I installed W10 Pro from my W7 pc but it gives me activation error OxC004C003. How can I solve this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I installed W10 Pro from my W7 pc but it gives me activation error OxC004C003.

I purchased an off lease pc that came with W7. It tooks days but I downloaded all required windows updates to get it up to date. I checked to ensure it was W7 Service Pack 1 so it would be ready for the W10 update (it was). I waited and finally the Get Windows 10 app appeared. I reserved a copy. It said my pc was ready for w10 upgrade and to schedule a date. I waited but finally scheduled a date for the W10 upgrade. The upgrade took a long time. I checked to see if my pc was activated and it was not. It had placed a new code in the key. I tried to put my w& code in there. No matter what I do it gives me error code OxC004C003. This code does not make sense or I would not have been able to download w7 updates and it would not have said my computer was ready. Please tell me how to solve this issue.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: I installed W10 Pro from my W7 pc but it gives me activation error OxC004C003.

You tried to put a key in the computer after Windows 10 was installed? I would like to point out (on the offset that you didn't know) that Windows 10 keys are completely different from previous Windows operating systems. If you had a genuine, non-pirated copy of Windows 7, then a new Windows 10 key would have automatically been generated for you, and your computer activated.
Now I can't remember 100%, but I believe there were some issues regarding activation. Computers said they weren't activated, but really they are. Please wait for a second opinion on this, as I, again, am not 100% certain.

To put it shortly, your computer is activated and you do not need to put a key in as one was generated for you. I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb