Lumia 640 XL Whatsapp keeps crashing on startup, tried nearly everything! What should I do?

W

WPCentral Question

Lumia 640 XL Whatsapp keeps crashing on startup, tried nearly everything!

Hi, my nearly two weeks old lumia 640XL keeps shutting down whatsapp when I try to start whatsapp. It shows the chats screen for about one second and then goes back to the home screen. I tried reinstalling whatsapp, with and without message history reset and restarting my phone. But nothing seems to work. The only thing remaining might be a factory reset, but I would naturally like to avoid that.

Another thing to note is that whatsapp already had the same problem when I first installed it two weeks ago, but then in the setup screen where I had to enter my name. The solution I found was inserting one letter extremely fast and then pressing continue before it crashed.

Does someone experience the same problem? Or does anyone know what to try next? Help would be appriciated alot!

Device specs: Microsoft Lumia 640XL LTE, windows phone 8.1 update 2

Neil Gala

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 XL which I bought 3 weeks ago. I've been facing the same problem with WhatsApp since the past two days. I tried factory reset too, it doesn't work. I tried contacting Whatsapp and they replied saying that its a connectivity problem. Anyway the problem still persists. If you find a solution please share it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos