My wife has a Nokia Lumia 520 just like mine, I can swap the motherboard with mine and my phone will power on but it loads her contacts and settings. The screen works, battery works & sim works but with my motherboard nothing works. Is there a way too fix my phone or at the very least recover my photos and contacts?
    09-14-2015 05:50 PM
    1. If you had photo upload enabled you can find them backed up on OneDrive.com. Picture > Camera Roll
    If you had that disabled, I hope you had it on an SD card.
    If you didn't have an SD card, I think you're screwed.

2. Your contacts are likely synced with some service. Probably your MS account, so go to people.live.com and see if they're there.
    If not, remember what other accounts you had, and check those. (e.g. Google, a company account...)

3. Repair would be motherboard replacement, but I would proceed with caution, as we may run into cascading failures in the future.
    1. If you had photo upload enabled you can find them backed up on OneDrive.com. Picture > Camera Roll
    If you had that disabled, I hope you had it on an SD card.
    If you didn't have an SD card, I think you're screwed.

2. Your contacts are likely synced with some service. Probably your MS account, so go to people.live.com and see if they're there.
    If not, remember what other accounts you had, and check those. (e.g. Google, a company account...)

3. Repair would be motherboard replacement, but I would proceed with caution, as we may run into cascading failures in the future.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-14-2015 05:53 PM