Why can't I open photos saved onto my SD card?

W

WPCentral Question

Cant open photos saved in my SD card

Hi,

I am a lumia 625 user with wp8.1 updated. I save my photos in th SD card because I am running out of space in my phone. I have a 32GB SD card.

The issue is that I cant see or open the pictures saved in the SD card.
If I make a photo with the camera or received a picture in Whatsapp I can see them in those apps, but when I go to the pictures hub they appear as black.

If I open the File manager app I can see all jpg files names, but completely black. When I try to open them a message with the error 0x88982F50 appears.

If I connected the phone to my PC and try to open the photos a message says the files are corrupt.

I don't know what to do.. I tried everything. Formatting the SD card, restarting the phone...

I want to change my phone by Christmas and I am not sure whether to continue with windows.... although I like it very much these kind of things really put me off.

Thank you very much. I would appreciate any help.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cant open photos saved in my SD card

Welcome to Windows Central.

Problems with SD Cards are quite common mainly because of the volatility of the nature of SD Cards - so much memory squeezed into such a tiny physical space results in margins of errors that are more or less intolerant. In effect, the failure rate of SD Cards are both higher than other types of storage media and are quite expected.

Have you checked the SD Card for corrupt sectors? This can be done by connecting the SD Card to your PC and using command prompt (or explorer) to check your Card - this is the most probable cause of the problem, and it won't matter what OS the phone is running.

If I may suggest, for your next phone (Windows or not), acquire something that has a large enough built-in internal storage so you won't need to rely on an SD Card (16GB or 32GB and above). The SD Card memory extension is a nice feature, but it being an extension also implies its impermanence.

You may create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

Gui83

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Its a bit dispointing no one gave me a reasonable answer. I dont think Its an SD problem because if the file was cossupted I wouln?t be able to see it anymore, but the thing its that I can see the pictures in the apps (Whatsapp for example..) but not from the computer or file manager.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism