Why can't my phone connect to service?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My phone can't connect to service.

(nokia lumia 920 running 8.1 and my carrier is Cricket wireless [basically AT&T, since it is owned by AT&T])
Ok so My phone currently cannot access the internet whether or not I'm connected to wifi, im in my house which i usually can always access data from. I can make phone calls I just can't use any apps or send receive text messages.
This error occurred suddenly when I was using my phone it froze so I underwent a soft reset (holding power button and volume button) and when it turned on the date/time was messed up and the errors occurred. My phone thinks it is currently may 21st even though its September 16th. I understand a hard reset may fix the problem however, I really don't want to lose everything that isn't backed up (certain apps pictures that aren't on onedrive music, etc.

So if i could get an answer that solves a soft-ware problem that would be great I'm trying to avoid a hard reset if possible.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone can't connect to service.

So the date/time thing has been getting quite common... Soft Reset seems to have a glitch where it sometimes reverts the date to the last OTA you received...

Did you correct the date/time? Still no internet?

Double check your APN and MMS settings, they too may have gotten borked by the Soft Reset. Also delete the WiFi connection and reestablish that.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos