Messenger is gone I can't text! What should I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Messenger is gone; i can't text!

Just upgraded to latest fast ring version, and Messenger is gone. I can't send or receive texts. Anyone else have this problem?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Messenger is gone; i can't text!

Still can't find the app. Thanks for your suggestions. I just can't believe I can't text with this phone. I tried to install some other texting apps, but during the install processes, they all send me an SMS with a code, and guess what....I can't receive any texts on my phone!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Relax, go to the Store on your phone, tap on the menu icon upper left corner, then downloads and updates. Tap on Check for updates and make sure you get all the updates. There's been a few for messenger. If you just installed the newest fast ring build, there should be 30+ apps to update in you downloads and updates list... get them all!

Then reboot your phone and the Messages app should work fine (hold power and volume down together for about 10 seconds until it vibrates)

Oh and btw, here's the link to the Messaging Skype BETA app if all else fails:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ging-skype-beta%2F9wzdncrdtbtq&token=wRj4DA67

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Hey - I found a link to the app in the Store on ZDNet (I can't post the link because I haven't posted enough to this forum)
For some reason, when I searched the store for this app, it won't show up. But there is a link on this site that takes you right to the app.
Not sure why Microsoft doesn't tell us about this. The old Messenger just disappears without a trace, with no explanation, leaving us to figure this out on our own?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hey - I found a link to the app in the Store on ZDNet (I can't post the link because I haven't posted enough to this forum)
For some reason, when I searched the store for this app, it won't show up. But there is a link on this site that takes you right to the app.
Not sure why Microsoft doesn't tell us about this. The old Messenger just disappears without a trace, with no explanation, leaving us to figure this out on our own?
Well, there are disclaimers when you sign up to be a Windows Insider, and warnings when you choose to download and install preview software. It's clearly laid out, especially when choosing "fast ring" that there are going to be issues.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

I had already gone the 'check for updates' route; Messenger did not reappear.
On this update topic, maybe you can help. Whenever I 'check for updates', I get 4 or 5 (mostly) Nokia updates that download, then repeatedly fail to install. I don't have these apps on my phone. How can I get them off this list, so that every time I update, they won't show up?
thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

What are those apps?

To uninstall them go to storage sense >> phone >> apps >> select the apps you wish to uninstall and click the uninstall button below

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos