My PC is over heating for nothing, just nothing. What could the problem be?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My PC is OverHeating For nothing, Just nothing

hello !

i had this problem for some time now, and it is so annoying. Overheating PC always comes with annoying Fan noise . I tried everything the internet had to say, from Cleaning to having a proper Desktop and many other tips.

I Put my HDD in an other laptop to see the difference. but the other laptop reacted the same quite way no Fan noise no fast heating. Despite having the Same "age" my laptop still starts with full Working fan and doesn't stop. So i am Asking if i need to Do something else. Is there any kind of permanent damage that makes your laptop Get heated quickly ? i am using Windows 10 and i had this problem since the second year of using my Laptop even when it was on Windows 7

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: My PC is OverHeating For nothing, Just nothing

Just try cleaning the cpu and whole system. Also, check for bad applications that suck most of the CPU time and slow down PC over time.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If it is a PC, you may need to reapply thermal paste to the CPU seating. If a laptop (because you seem to apply both terms I'm not sure which we are talking about) you may want to have a repair shop do the job...

Yes. Running hot can damage components.

Med Mansour

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

well yes i use the term for both PC and laptop, but i mean laptop.
a repair shop won't really do more than i can do at home, but you are saying that over using my PC will permanently damage my components and make them work less efficiently so there is no solution to my heat problem ?

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Try the methods above, along with seeing if a better fan could be used, or use water cooling instead.
I've never tried this other than on my laptop, but the simplest method for me really is to force shut down and turn back on.

Med Mansour

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

i can't apply the thermal paste on my laptop, but i tried cleaning startup apps and i even changed to a new HDD and installed Windows 10 on it , but still nothing changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos