Will game emulators come to windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been waiting for an N64 emulator for windows phone for quite some time now but I suppose it's never coming to WP8 so I was wondering if it would be possible to make/port one to windows phone 10 as I heard it would be quite easy to port apps to WP10 or doesn't it work that way?

Anyone else who'd like to play some Ocarina of Time on the bus or am I the only one?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting for an N64 emulator for windows phone for quite some time now but I suppose it's never coming to WP8 so I was wondering if it would be possible to make/port one to windows phone 10 as I heard it would be quite easy to port apps to WP10 or doesn't it work that way?

Anyone else who'd like to play some Ocarina of Time on the bus or am I the only one?

Windows phone is never ever getting a n64 emulator. Ps1 is as high as you can go. I HEARD FROM A FEW DEVELOPERS THAT IN ORDER TO HAVE EFFICIENT EMULATION, YOU WOULD NEED TO USE CERTAIN PIECES OF CODE THAT MICROSOFT HAS BANNED SINCE THAT CODE CAN ALSO BE USED TO MAKE VIRUSES.

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 has enabled code section execution so it's totally possible to make an efficient emulation. Even for windows phone 8.1, it's possible to run a N64 emulator with good FPS I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2