Why can't I find Here Maps and Here Drive+ in the store?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Uninstalled "Here Maps" and "Here Drive+" by mistake. Now can't find those in store. Turned the "location" off in store. Still can't find. Lumia 535 user. What to do? Plz help me.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It is well known issue and I'm afraid there is nothing you can do, for some people it works for others don't, fortunately I'm among those few who got it and install it without problem, yesterday after hard resenting the latest TP build and restoring back up I got both, Here maps & drive+ :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Go to pages.here.com/app through your I.E. in Windows Phone (not your PC), then scroll down to your appropriate OS. You should find all there Here Apps there. Tapping on any of those will bring you to the Microsoft Store Page; in that page, simply tap on "Get the App" if you're not redirected to the Store App in your phone to download the app.

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I am having this problem now after resetting my WP 920 to factory (it's up to date). Can't find any of the HERE apps in store, and I tried to go through the pages.here.com/app and the message is that this app it's not avaliable for my device. And also there are no reviews on this app...that's odd. What's goingon?:eck:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
OMG! I've got it! This is so weird. The only, ONLY way I was able to find these apps in store, was with QR codes. What's up with that?

That's because the QR code gives you the direct URL to the app in the store. I, too, am having difficulty locating it. Can you post that QR code? Or a link to the image of it? I'm needing it pretty badly.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it.
http://www.windowscentral.com/app-update-roundup--drive-nokia-mixradio-blink-linkedin

Last edited:

Sudhanvak

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my lumia 720. The app of HERE maps and Drive was not starting so I uninstalled it. And to my surprise I could not find the installer anywhere!! This is super frustrating!! Why is microsoft making life harder and harder for their customers? I wonder if they are really serious about the phone market. HERE maps and drive available easily for Android and Iphone. But not so easily available for Microsoft users? Similarly the Office app has much less features on Lumia phones than on Android and Iphone. I guess this is the last straw. Need to change to Iphone or Android.

R Mandaleg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Today read about the HERE Drive+ minor update and wondered why it didn't get pushed to my Lumia 925.
Couldn't find any of the HERE Apps in the store search.
So......:

While on the windows phone store screen
tapped the 3 dots (elipses)
went to Downloads, swiped over to History and tapped on each of the HERE Apps I have installed.
Each tap took me directly to each apps store listings and I was able to update HERE Drive+ and see that I have the newest versions available of the others.

This should work if you have them installed- BUT even if you don't you can go to the same place but instead of 'Downloads' go to 'my apps' which shows a list of uninstalled apps. Scroll to the HERE Apps and when you tap each should take you to the apps listing on the windows store.

Wonder why they can't be found in the store search?

Hope this helps.

corwyn74

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This really sucks - my wife's 920 suddenly did not have Here apps and she hasn't been able to use Navigation. I tried to help and was blown away there appears to be no official app for Maps and Navigation...

Thanks to this thread I went into "My Apps" in the store and locating it there was able to re-install.

Why is not not fixed yet?

palmepower

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: SOLUTION ! (Finally)

Hey ! After dropping tears and researching, I found this app called "Nokia Apps Free", this app lists all of the old Nokia?s apps, and the link of them in the store, somewhere hidden in there, try that !:cool:

surjio10

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem on my Lumia 520. I had uninstalled the HERE apps (maps and drive+) but wasn't able to reinstall them by searching the store. I tried the method described in gprobernado's post by using the pages.here.com/app link through the phone, but when I was redirected to the app page in the store it gave me a warning saying the app was not available.
Alas I was able to reinstall the applications by going into "store > my apps" on the phone and selecting and reinstalling the app from there as it is still an app I own.

Hope this helps.

Bogdan Ilie

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
GO TO STORE> MY APPS AND SEARCH FOR THEM, IT'S WORKING!!!!
Thank you guys! Now I have my GPS back!
I restored my Nokia Lumia 1020 and I couldn't download Here Maps/Drive/Transit anymore, but now I have them!

Post002

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here.

After a system reset the "HERE Apps" disapears, and I couldn't download them from the store.

The only way I found to restore theese apps was to enter the "store", push "[...]", select "my apps", and re-download "HERE" apps from this list.

Good luck!

Jimbos57

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Brilliant !

Thanks so much for the suggestion to go through Store - My Apps and find them listed ....You've saved me so much grief !!

Why the hell Microsoft in there wisdom have removed them from the store is utterly baffling and frustrating !

Jimbo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster