Rolling back to Windows 8.1 following Windows Insider upgrade to Windows 10

W

WPCentral Question

Last night i discovered the Windows Insider app, which allowed me to upgrade my 1020 to Windows 10. Since that time the the phone is very slow and has a few problems.

Most worryingly, although I can call people i am not able to send any text messages, or connect to mobile internet/Wifi.

Does anyone know the solution, or how i can roll back to Windows 8.1?

FYI, im on O2, OS version 10.0.10166.0

Thanks

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Last night i discovered the Windows Insider app, which allowed me to upgrade my 1020 to Windows 10. Since that time the the phone is very slow and has a few problems.

Most worryingly, although I can call people i am not able to send any text messages, or connect to mobile internet/Wifi.

Does anyone know the solution, or how i can roll back to Windows 8.1?

FYI, im on O2, OS version 10.0.10166.0

Thanks

First did you hard reset? Second thats a really old build, pick insider fast ring and update to newest build 10536.1004 , it's great on the 1020. If all else fails Bing search windows phone recovery tool from your pc and make sure to download it directly from Microsoft site. Once you have the tool hook your phone up via USB. And follow instructions, it's rather easy! Always hard reset after upgrading.Hope that helps!!

Nibbles48

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I didnt actually, silly me. I managed to get one done shortly after i'd sent the message above which got it working, though its a bit temperamental.

I'll look into Insider Fast - am i able to pick and choose which updates to install or will it do them automatically? And i assume i should do a hard reset beforehand, as i didnt previously?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss