Can we no longer sideload apps on phone?

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I see no option to download the app setup (the "download and install manually" option) on the revamped web store. Can someone tell me where it is?

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
No you can't download .xap files manually to your pc from the latest microsoft store. they removed that feature for some reason. that might return later. However I was able to download few games recently from the old windows phone store. you can try that. But not sure if it is still working.

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It is working actually... I have downloaded and installed Halo Spartan assault on my Lumia today... I have also downloaded some other games two days back... You can download ".xap" files from some other site.. (I have downloaded it from "appx4fun.com"- there is an option to download from Microsoft cdn idk what it is)... Anyway it works...

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It is working actually... I have downloaded and installed Halo Spartan assault on my Lumia today... I have also downloaded some other games two days back... You can download ".xap" files from some other site.. (I have downloaded it from "appx4fun.com"- there is an option to download from Microsoft cdn idk what it is)... Anyway it works...

Thanks, but I'm not going to risk installing apps from unofficial sources.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
No you can't download .xap files manually to your pc from the latest microsoft store. they removed that feature for some reason. that might return later. However I was able to download few games recently from the old windows phone store. you can try that. But not sure if it is still working.

Oh, then that's a shame. This was quite useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney