How can I turn on my computer without a password?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

turn on computer without password

How Can I start my computer without password

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: turn on computer without password

We would need more details - if a password wasn't set in the first place, then your computer should start normally without requiring a password. However, if a password has been set, then there is no legal way of getting into the desktop without having the password at hand - if there was, then the purpose of being able to set a password would be defeated.

If you're referring to other sign-in options that don't ask you to type a password or PIN, then that would depend on what operating version you have and what compatible software are installed that would support other sign-in options. For example, a Lenovo with Veriface installed in Windows 8.1 will automatically launch the webcam to detect the user's registered face during login, so the user won't have to type anything. Technically, that is still a password, but not the traditional typed type.

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: turn on computer without password

If in W10 go to Run / type in " netplwiz " and then click the Advanced tab.

Look

I'm booting straight into Windows 10 with no password even though I did have one set at one time. Once you change it so no password is required you should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo