Will a Windows 10 mobile be able to install an app from the windows 8 phone store

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I understand the whole 1 store for windows 10, but what does that mean for the apps in the Windows phone 8 store?
If my app is only in the Windows 8 phone store, will it be available to be installed on a Windows 10 mobile device?

SHUMARKER

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
So if it is brought over, do you know what will happen for future updates to the Win Phone 8 app store, will they also be replicated over as well?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
So do you know what will happen with future updates to the Win Phone 8 store (after the initial copy over)? Will they be replicated across also?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
even wp7 apps can be used on w10m but some of the older apps will have their layout a bit screwed up. some will not be able to connect to internet. had these app automatically installed after I restored an old backup in w10m. a bit surprising that dicebox and dicebox rpg (early wp7 apps) working flawlessly on w10m.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There are some Windows Phone 8 apps that are not being ported over due to incompatibility, and the developers long ago abandoned them and they will likely not be updated. For example, don't expect Plants vs. Zombies from PopCap. If you own it, like I do, play it a last few times before you make the switch, because you'll lose it after.

Most apps will port over with no issues, however, and will be moved by Microsoft. Some will no longer be available, but that won't be very many.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3