Messaging app missing in Windows 10 build 10536

Odih Nuhu

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
What can one do to have one's messaging app restored which was lost after resetting the phone following an update to this version of Windows Insider's preview on Lumia 928?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have it on hand, but you'll have to either install the Messaging app or the Skype Messaging combo app from the store. A quick search should bring that data up, but someone will link you eventually.

(I need to keep those links on hand...)

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have both installed. I've tried both but the only way I receive an sms is if I reset my phone then they all come through. Is this happening to everyone? Is there a way to fix this? I am using the messaging app as the default.

PS: Sorry for hijacking this post.

George you

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 640XL, after install latest MSFT Messaging app, this Messaging App auto disappeared, I did several round of factory reset, no lucky.

Go to Store to search Microsoft Messaging app, no Messaging application there, this is blocking my daily use on this Lumia 640XL device.

Latest Win 10 mobile + Latest Messaging app definetely has a bug, the wired thing is no chance to work around even after factory reset....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12