Lumia 1020 Problems

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I'm running wptp. I know it's a preview but I'm starting to wonder if I was the unlucky one to have received the bad one in the bunch.
1. My mic no longer works. Since the denim update I have been unable to use my mic. (the "second mic" which does the video audio recording. Cortana no longer hears me as well.)
2. Battery - my battery drains in about 2-3 hours. Yes I'm mostly connected to WiFi and hardly use voice calls. Basically just WhatsApp chats and a bit of browsing this forum and the news. However my battery charges full in about 45 minutes. (100% battery). Is it a battery issue? I bought the phone this year (February) NEW in the box. Most background apps are disabled. Glance screen doesn't have a picture just time and date.
3. Videos when recorded at highest resolution play back "frame by frame" lowering it to the lowest resolution (only 2 options) playback is fine.
I need some help with this device before I go bezerk!!!!

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
2. Battery - my battery drains in about 2-3 hours. Yes I'm mostly connected to WiFi and hardly use voice calls. Basically just WhatsApp chats and a bit of browsing this forum and the news. However my battery charges full in about 45 minutes. (100% battery). Is it a battery issue? I bought the phone this year (February) NEW in the box. Most background apps are disabled. Glance screen doesn't have a picture just time and date.

This! I really think you should check on your battery. WP phones especially if it is nokia, are good for giving maximum battery life. Which model are you using? Well I have been into 520 , 730 and 640 and inspite of all the applications running in the background and usage much similar or more to yours, I still get battery for whole day. But since you have mentioned it as TECHNICAL PREVIEW, it depends on the build, you might get a fix for the battery drain in the next build if thats a known issue. Technical builds are known to suck batteries.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Make sure NFC, Bluetooth, are off, touch sensitivity is normal, brightness set to automatic, delete Cortana interests. I also use high contrast mode and turn off Windows Central notifications.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
did you hard reset after updating? also if it is build 10536.1004 i would suggest updating from 8.1 directly to this build via fast ring. if you choose slow you have to go through like 3 horrid builds. im running 10536.1004 with the configuration update with very few issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium