Thinking of jumping to Windows from Android, how smooth will be the transition?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am very much accustomed to Google Apps, some are mandatory like the email and Google maps. I hear that Google no longer makes app for Windows? Is this true? Is that a temporary thing? Are there any good alternatives? I am hoping to get 950XL.

Finally for those who recently switched from Android to Windows phone, how is your experience so far?

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I came over from a Nexus last year (I dropped and broke my Android). Got a basic Lumia 630 to try out and here I am 14 months later about to upgrade up a 640XL. The transition has been smooth enough.

Its true that there are no Google apps. But the only one I miss is YouTube. I still use Gmail (via Microsofts Mail app), Microsoft's Maps are far far faster and fluid than Google maps on my Nexus. I use Microsoft Office rather than Google docs and OneDrive to auto backup my photos to the cloud. Cortana and OneNote are far better than Google Now / Keep in my opinion. I still use Google to search mobile web rather than Bing.

So yep, the only thing I miss is YouTube App but there some great alternatives like Metro tube or just use the mobile version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos