Surface 3 or Surface 3 Pro?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Surface 3 or Surface 3 Pro

Hi Looking for advice :

Got a Macbook from 2011 that's getting full and a little sluggish, battery less reliable etc. Thinking of wiping it and using just for Logic Pro/work etc etc...

Instead of paying a grand for another Apple product I'm thinking about a Surface... Cheaper and would be good to use alongside my Mac. I'm a musician so ideally would like to keep my mac for music-related things and my Surface for day-day things.

There is quite a difference in price between S3 and SP3 and I was wondering what the performance differences are between the 2? Even though right now I don't envisage it to be needed for power-hungry usage, I don't want to be a year down the line and wish I'd got the more powerful one if there is significant difference in power capability.

I'd also like to know how good the SD implementation is: Can I save anything at all to that or just media/files etc or can I also save apps on there?

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated. I think if Microsoft didn't shaft us for the ?110 keyboard before I left the shop I'd have probably got one but that cost just acts as a barrier for me. Laptop replacement (but you need to pay more for that to actually be a reality).

J

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Surface 3 or Surface 3 Pro

Hi Looking for advice :

Got a Macbook from 2011 that's getting full and a little sluggish, battery less reliable etc. Thinking of wiping it and using just for Logic Pro/work etc etc...

Instead of paying a grand for another Apple product I'm thinking about a Surface... Cheaper and would be good to use alongside my Mac. I'm a musician so ideally would like to keep my mac for music-related things and my Surface for day-day things.

There is quite a difference in price between S3 and SP3 and I was wondering what the performance differences are between the 2? Even though right now I don't envisage it to be needed for power-hungry usage, I don't want to be a year down the line and wish I'd got the more powerful one if there is significant difference in power capability.

I'd also like to know how good the SD implementation is: Can I save anything at all to that or just media/files etc or can I also save apps on there?

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated. I think if Microsoft didn't shaft us for the ?110 keyboard before I left the shop I'd have probably got one but that cost just acts as a barrier for me. Laptop replacement (but you need to pay more for that to actually be a reality).

J

One thing is first.... its still a tablet, the keyboard is not a need, you can buy any keyboard for it, anyway, surface pro 3 is far more powerful, i3 wipes the floor over the atom, and the MircoSD you can save anything on to it, my advice is get the surface pro 4 Mcore or i5 ooh and there keyboard is one of the cheapest compare to google and apple :p, but you want the pro 4 keyboard for pro 3 https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...GB%2Fpdp%2FproductID.326546100&token=9vstfsFx

laddie79

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Surface 3 or Surface 3 Pro

Cheers for your reply. The keyboard isn't that big a deal really, I just think when spending ?700 on something, they'd have a keyboard.. Anyway...

My main reason was for posting about the processing power and the like. So now you answered SP3, I guess I should ask what the difference is, if any, between a fully blown laptop and a SP3? Is there a noticeable difference in performance?

Sorry for these kind of questions, I've had a macbook for 6 years which has been great but MS have really made my ears p-ri-ck up with their new devices on the market so I'm not so sure about the Windows market.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans