Lumia 730&535gps not working

gowthamgella

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm a big fan of here drive I use it since my 520 days. When I upgraded to 730 I thought I will get a better experience since it has a compass but to my regret gps is not working and the my location pointer is not moving along with the vehicle and there is no voice guidance even though I have downloaded a voice but it works clearly on my 520 I thought it was only my issue but have read so many reports like this from 730&535 users in comments section... Has Microsoft fixed this issue in windows 10 maps app??? Please someone help

Dogec

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
HERE drive should work well.
Did You test Your GPS with other map applications or with GPS tool in Hardware tests ? Many new Lumias have problem with low sensitive GPS. A good GPS should start and work without help of internet connection.

gowthamgella

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Ya I have checked here drive works only when I put my phone in flight mode. In hardware test only on flight mode it shows gps source as satellite 📡 otherwise it shows cellular..... And by the way what phone do u use

Dogec

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I have Lumia 640 LTE with very poor GPS comparing to Lumia 520. It can work online (not always) but when offline it can't get fix from satellite almost anywhere where Lumia 520 can.
HERE drive works well if the phone is online.
It seems that many new Lumias have poor GPS. I am trying to find out is that a design problem or manufacturing problem - maybe bad antena connection ?

gowthamgella

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Many people had problem with Lumia 730 gps. There is software issue .I was very irritated with this problem so I dig to find some solution.
Main cause of gps not locking or not accurate is that the phone is not using satellite as source instead it is using cellular .we can check in hardware test app ,it will show position source cellular .
To fix this software issue:
1: Turn on airplane mode
2: Now check position source in hardware test app,It will now show position source satellite and gps will work
3:turn off airplane mode
You will see that now your gps is working
But if again it changes to cellular repeat the above steps
(this fix is not permanent ,Microsoft has to fix the bug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720