New to WP - Phone Book VS Peoples Hub? WTF!?!?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

WP has ruined my contacts list. I cannot wrap my mind around why they want to merge social networking with my personal phone book.

I get it, some people don't mind having 500 contacts from Facebook and craigslist (can only assume it was brought in from gmail) in their phone book.

But why can I not have the option to just have my phonebook separated from the peoples hub (social networking) ????

When hit the phone app and press the little phone book icon, I dont want to see people from Facebook and Google. The only way to get rid of this is to completely stop communication between Facebook and google, but that breaks the peoples hub experience.

Is there not a way to completely disconnect the phone book from the peoples hub??

Russell Stamey

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't care to filter anything in the peoples hub, even though I have unchecked the filter. I dont want all the unwanted people showing up in my phone book list.
I have already unchecked everything on the filter contact list in peoples hub, but I still have about a hundred people that I have never spoken to still showing up in my phonebook. I did not put those people there, and the only way they could have gotten there is from Facebook or Gmail.

Just for clarity, the peoples hub and the phonebook that you access from the dial menu are seperate.

And I'm using a 640 with windows 8 or 8.1, not sure which one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)