Mac OSX and Windows Phone, how can I sync them?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Mac OSX and Windows Phone

Why did windows take down the windows phone app in the mac app store. I am unable to sync my phone to my macbook.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mac OSX and Windows Phone

Same post as in other thread:

Allow me to be frank: Microsoft does not care or take care of its WP users who run OSX.

Microsoft has officially discontinued the syncing app, not even allowing users to download it anymore. Not only that, but they didn't announce it or give Mac users any sort of alternative, instead telling users who complain to try to find a 3rd-party app.

Your only options are: use Windows; try to transfer all your music with Music Drop. If you're on a Lumia where your music will be saved on your SD card, you'll need to use the Tag Editor to app to fix the album art. If you're on a Lumia where your music will be saved on your phone, you just needed to restart after transferring.

This is the nail in the coffin for me. I switched to iPhone, and now Microsoft has a 0% chance of winning be back.

Tetnikruune

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Mac OSX and Windows Phone

I cannot agree with you more. I'm very ticked off about this as well. It's ridiculously inconvenient. However, Mac has it's share of bodies piled up as well. You see, Apple doesn't care about you either, unless you are running the latest Apple products. Allow me to give an example. For my work, I run a Mac Pro Tower, with 8 Cores of Xeon 3.0 ghz, and currently 16 GB of ram. More than enough power for a non-gamer. It went for stupid amounts of money back in late 2007, and why not? It was, and still is, super beefy!

However, I can't upgrade past OSX 10.7.5 because of...*My Serial Number*. It shows the machine as a 2007, and regardless of hardware that STILL beats the benchmarks on current machines running newer software., Apple has stopped supporting machines that old. This means that most of your apps will go away as your OS ages. Complete crap.

This is why (unless they do something very stupid) I will stick with Windows, and the WP line. Apple continues to invent new (and underhanded) ways to suck extra money from their fans, and I don't think that is a healthy company outlook. Heck, I can rip OSX out of my work tower now and install Win 10 and it will run like a champ. I guess Microsoft hasn't learned to read date codes yet. =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro