Is there a quick change option for the Glance Screen settings?

W

WPCentral Question

I typically keep my Glance Screen on "Peek" but I find that during meetings at work I put my phone on the table and would rather it be set to "Always On" so I don't have to reach out and activate the sensor to see my notifications. Is there a way to pin the Glance settings to a tile or some other workaround so that I don't have to go into Settings and scroll down to Glance Screen settings to change it back and forth?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
None of the 3 tile maker Apps I have will pin Glance (Skinnery Themes, Start Perfect, WizTiles) and you can't just pin it from settings...

Why not just leave it always on and get in the habit of placing your phone face down when setting it on a table. That's what I do so it isn't really "Always On," but whenever I look at my phone I get my Glance whether I'm picking it up or taking it from a pocket.

Thead

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
If I leave it as Always On, will it stay on while in my pocket? Is there a noticeable impact on battery life?

Edit: I realize that's kind of a stupid sounding question since it's called "Always On", but I was hoping that maybe when the sensor was covered i.e. in my pocket or face down that the glance screen would turn off.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I leave it as Always On, will it stay on while in my pocket? Is there a noticeable impact on battery life?

Edit: I realize that's kind of a stupid sounding question since it's called "Always On", but I was hoping that maybe when the sensor was covered i.e. in my pocket or face down that the glance screen would turn off.

Same as when you lay it face down... When in your pocket the proximity sensor keeps the screen dark. The moment you look it lights up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro