Windows 10: Can't turn off Auto-Correct, can I get some help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10: Can't turn off Auto-Correct

Hello,

I can't turn off auto-correction on Windows 10. It is almost impossible for me to write in English using my Display Keyboard on my Surface 3 tablet!
There is just no Option for Auto-Sperling (<- Look at this!?).

I used this guide:
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-spell-checker-windows-10

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Devices -> Typing.

From there, under Spelling, turn off "Autocorrect mispelled words" and you should be all set.

Yes, I know this is covered in the link you posted. Remember to "restart" any apps you're using, because this won't take effect until you restart the app/program.

If you are having issues with a particular browser doing the auto-correct for you, there may be a separate auto-correct built-into that particular browser, so check the browser's settings as well.

Also, Microsoft Office has it's own auto-correct that has to be changed.

El Mac

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10: Can't turn off Auto-Correct

Hello thanks for answering. The problem is that there are no "Spelling" Settings under Settings->Devices->Typing. It is just missing. I just have the settings to add a dot after double-space, I have other settings about the display keyboard (key sounds, layout, etc). No Autocorrect! This is driving me crazy I can't write anything in an other language than German, I have to correct words over 10 times! EACH Word!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow. That is TRULY frustrating. It sounds like the setting isn't available for your region keyboard. Very strange. I would think if they enabled the autocorrect for a region, they would enable the setting to turn it off. I wish I could be more help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett