Should I get the Microsoft band 2 for Christmas?

W

WPCentral Question

Should I get the band 2 for Christmas. I have a Nokia lumia 635, iPad Air 2, Xbox one already. I mainly play tennis 2 twice a week so for about 2h 30mins in total. I am 13 years old. Should I ask for it for Christmas

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Band 2 looks to be a great device. It will work cross platform, so it supports your Lumia and your iPad.

In addition to fitness tracking during workouts, it will track steps taken each day, flights of stairs climbed, continuous heart rate monitoring and analysis of sleep patterns. It will also increase your productivity with all the toast notifications helping you sort when to check your phone for important notifications or when to ignore unimportant toast notifications.

I think it would have many uses for you.

Ask away, and have some solid research handy to help sell the idea. Buy Microsoft Band: New Fitness Band - Microsoft Store

Last edited:
W

Windows Central Question

Does the Microsoft band 2 work well for playing tennis

I'm 13. I play a lot of tennis. Is the Microsoft band right for me. I have a Nokia lumia 635 and a iPad Air 2 and a Xbox 1

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't play tennis, but I know that the Exercise tile will help you gauge your Tennis performance by measuring exertion factors. All Band data syncs to your Microsoft Health account and can be accessed just about anywhere. You can then build up a history to track progress toward goals..

I do not know if they are planning a dedicated Tennis tile like they have for Run, Bike and Golf though.

Welcome to the forum. You could try starting a thread in the Band 2 forum to see if any Tennis players have pointed advice. http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band-2/

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not used Run or Bike yet... Here's the help pages.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fhealth-and-exercise%2Frunning&token=5j-S-4-Q
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ealth-and-exercise%2Fbicycling&token=T37UKDAl

f3cb98a5-70ea-4687-9ca1-aeb9024b021a.png#microsoft-band-2-running-summary-map-325.png f1b14605-0fb8-495f-af56-b592ca2df22f.png#microsoft-band-2-phone-app-bike-summary-gps-325.png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't run so I don't even have the Run tile on my Band 1. (You can pick and choose which tiles you have and reorder them.)

The Bike tile does show speed in the AFTER report. I really have not used it properly yet, just a small test.

No calculator app. No browser. You can push the action button and initiate Cortana Search on your phone or execute any voice command to the phone. I've had entire SMS conversations not even getting the phone out of my pocket. Voice and/or typing on the Band.

I'm a hunt and peck typist, not a touch typist. I have no issues causing me to hit the Band on things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion