Three Blue Screens of Death, What Should I Do?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Three Blue Screens of Death

Okay, earlier today I posted a thread in the Windows 10 Insider forum about how I get BSOD's every now and then with this error code attached: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. I wasn't too worried because it didn't happen often but it has now happened three times today which is no good. It's officially an urgent issue and I need a solution relatively quickly. I've not been having fun with this laptop today as Windows 10 decided I wanted to be on Build 10576 even though I decided to skip it and was one: on the Slow Ring and two: had asked to be notified to restart before any update. Of course, neither one happened so I woke up this morning needing to do something very time sensitive on my laptop to find that it was a third of the way through an update I didn't want. I missed three hours of this event. Gr.

Anyways, I need a solution to this BSOD and fast. It always happens with videos (obviously).

EDIT: I just hit my fourth BSOD with the same error code. The fourth today, the third in the last half hour, all since I installed an Insider Build that I wanted to skip. Sigh. Before today it was once ever three weeks and I was idly looking for a solution but it was nothing serious. It's suddenly impossible to do anything video related. Oh yes, and after the fourth event my OneDrive was completely reset on my computer. All my OneDrive files were deleted from my computer and I had to set it up again.

Last edited:

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Three Blue Screens of Death

Bad video driver download the most recent driver and update, also have seen this caused once by a virus so might be worth doing a scan. There is a code when it crashes it does give a bit of info as to what causes this.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Bad video driver download the most recent driver and update, also have seen this caused once by a virus so might be worth doing a scan. There is a code when it crashes it does give a bit of info as to what causes this.
I have Bitdefender running and it's not found anything so it must be a bad driver. Any idea where I could download the most recent driver?
It's a Toshiba.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site

it would be helpful if you gave a clue to what your machine is or graphics card you have installed, my crystal ball is not working to well today. it's either going to be an Intel, NVidia or Ati

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

it would be helpful if you gave a clue to what your machine is or graphics card you have installed, my crystal ball is not working to well today. it's either going to be an Intel, NVidia or Ati

I went to Device Manager and manually searched, no help there. The graphics is Intel HD so I went ahead and went to Intel's site and it's scanning now.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

gen 4 series intel drivers ddload https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...ror.intel.com/25489/eng/win64_154010.4300.exe if you give a hint for the driver code its a bit easier to help
I have gotten two more BSOD's. I've gone to Intel and it told me I had to go to Toshiba. I went to Toshiba and it told me I had to go to Intel. Neither of the drivers I tried to install would successfully install. Just wondering, is their a way to go back to the previous build or go the last slow ring build?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Computer Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Computer Model Portable PC
Operating System (O/S) Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10576), 64-bit
Operating System Build (O/S) 10576
Operating System (version) 10.0.10576
System RAM 4.0 GB
CD or DVD Device TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB
System Hard Drive Overview
System Total Storage Size: 454.9 GB
Local Disk C:\ 308.4 GB
Used space: 145.4 GB
Free Space: 163.0 GB
Local Disk R:\ 146.5 GB
Used space: 106.8 GB
Free Space: 39.7 GB

Collapse/Expand GRAPHICS INFORMATION

Graphics Product [1] Intel?HDGraphics4600
Graphics Driver Version 10.18.10.4276
3D Acceleration Yes
Hardware Transform & Lighting Support Yes
Video Memory 1.8 GB
Vertex Shader Support 5.0
Pixel Shader Support 5.0
Microsoft DirectX* Version 11.0

Here is some information for my PC. If any of it can help then have at it.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site

Try deleting the driver then let win 10 force a driver refresh or do a roll back but it could be you have an optimus card in which case it's up to Toshiba to provide the driver. Not sure they have got the optimus drivers working in windows 10 properly yet. If you have the model number of your laptop it might be easier to pin down the driver. Might be worth having a look at Lenovo or Samsung and see if there is an optimus driver that works.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Since your technical level seems to be low (no offence), I would recommend:

a) Reset Windows 10
b) Use a free tool like DriverPack Solution to find the drivers for you. I would use the DriverPack Online. (http://download-cdn.drp.su/DriverPack-Online.exe)

I'm better with phones but I don't know everything. I've only had an interest in computers and such for about a year. I'm trying to learn as much as possible and I have a good bit under my belt but I've never had to mess with my drivers before. I rolled back and the issues appear to be fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss