Laptop for Personal Finances on Quickbooks ONLY?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Laptop for Personal Finances on Quickbooks ONLY

We plan to have our finances isolated to one laptop computer that will not be used for anything else. We use Quickbooks. No email. Web surfing only as is necessary to visit bank and similar websites. No shopping, no pics or videos, etc. I do want Windows 10, and I don't want a sloooooow processor. Suggestions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Laptop for Personal Finances on Quickbooks ONLY

Your requirements are pretty lax so I think you can get away with anything recent.

Personally, I'd recommend an older Lenovo ThinkPad or Dell Latitude.
They're business-class computers with business values (reliability, ease-of-repair, utilitarian, durability...) and being older they're much cheaper while still having life in them. My only concern would be sourcing replacement batteries if necessary and perhaps not having the 3D graphics capabilities for heavy gaming and 3D work like CAD.

As for avoiding sloooooow processors, I don't think QuickBooks would tax anything modern too much. (as long as it isn't something old AND low-end) I would probably think anything midrange and up from the last few years should work fine.
(I had a 2008 ThinkPad T400 with a Core 2 Duo under the hood up until earlier this year and it worked fine for everything I asked of it except gaming and not being heavy. Although it was upgraded to have an SSD and 4-8 GB of RAM.)

You could probably even get away with a cheap HP Stream laptop if you want new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo