Inaccurately Battery Readings (SP4) / Calibration "Drain"

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been sleeping /hibernating my SP4 and have been annoyed with the battery levels. I assumed it was an issue with background tasks along the lines of all the forum posts here (turning off Cortana, turning off Hello windows, turning off wifi during sleep, etc.). My machine would come out of sleep+hibernate about 10% lower after waking up.

However, when I ran the battery reports, I noticed something odd... when in sleep mode, it was only draining 1% per hour... which is decent. When I looked at the battery readings after resuming from hibernate... it somehow dropped 8%.

I then tried manual shut-down (I was at 16%) and rebooted the next morning... now it shows 5% battery.

The more I read online, it seems like this is a problem with battery calibration. I've had the device for about a week and have fully charged + discharged about 3-4 times.

I've had new laptops and the battery readings were bad, but not quite this bad early on. I wanted to point this out to all these folks complaining about battery "drain" on their 1-2 week old device. Let me know your thoughts and if you've noticed the same behavior. I suspect until folks have had the device fully charged/discharged 10-15 times, it's hard to just look at the battery indicator and claim poor life without determining if it's truly losing power in hybrid sleep... or if it's just wildly inaccurate battery charge %ages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium