Downloading Update No Progress on Status Bar?

Ivan Kim Reyes

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Downloading Update No Progress on Status Bar

Hi! I've just enrolled to the Windows Insider program in Slow. I checked for update and notified me that I can start downloading the Windows 10 preview build 10166. The download had start and came up to 8% but suddenly got stuck, i guess? It had been at 8% for more than an hour now and does not show any signs of progress in the status bar. I tried to restart my device but when I went to Phone Update in settings, it was still in 8%. (I was expecting it to restart the downloading process but not.) Till now, it is still in 8%. Is there any way I can restart downloading the update?

Internet connection is excellent. I also set my lockscreen time-out to "NEVER" cause I think screen time out may stop the downloading process. Im stuck at 8% and I don't know what to do. I don't have any idea if it continues downloading or is it a bug that need to be fixed? Please help me, I'm totally panicking right now.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
One thing I've learned about that little progress bar for downloading updates, is that it is a pathological liar.

I can't say for downloading 10166, but when I downloaded both 10572 and 10581, one was stuck at 21% for a long time, then was suddenly finished all at once. It had just stopped updating the progress bar. The other stayed stuck at 0%, then was suddenly finished all at once.

I can't guarantee this is your issue, because I've heard others report that they had it stuck for several days. One person reported it was stuck for several days, and after a soft reset, tried again. Then it "appeared" stuck, but ended up finishing like mine did.

Honestly, though, I'd have to recommend the most recent fast build over 10166, as it is actually more stable at this point, other than the storage issue. Though you can expect 10586 to hit slow ring pretty soon, I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans