Why have my Messenger notifications stopped working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Facebook Messenger notifications have stopped working. I have uninstalled the Messenger app, turned off notifications in the Health app and turned them back on, rebooted everything, etc. I'm am really ticked off. I originally gave up Windows Phone because I was having problems with Skype. Since Messenger came onto the scene, I bought the Lumia 640 and the Band 2. For a while, everything was peachy, and now this.

I am running stock Windows Phone (not Windows Mobile)

If Microsoft doesn't fix these types of problems by the time the 950 XL comes out, I'm outta here. I'm tired of this crap

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There can be many causes to that issue, including but not limited to: faulty network connection to having many apps running in the background.

Debugging the issue would require more than one exchange of replies, hence creating a Windows Central account is recommended in order to respond in this thread.

In addition to reinstalling the app and rebooting your phone, have you tried using a different Internet connection? Also, what was the relevance of the Health app to your Messenger app? Have you checked for updates to your phone?

My sister's Lumia 535 (older and lower-spec-ed than the Lumia 640) has been receiving Messenger notifications over our home Wi-Fi without problems. On the other hand, my Lumia 1020 is having problems once in a while with Messenger over cellular data (especially in areas where network coverage isn't the best).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss