How can I stream FM radio to Bluetooth headset?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Stream FM radio to Bluetooth headset

How can you connect a Bluetooth Headset to Mobile Phone radio via Bluetooth

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Not possible.

The FM Radio requires an external antennae. The "wired headset" plugged into the audio jack acts as the antennae. You are allowed to play the radio either through the wired headset or the phone's speaker, but cannot stream it to Bluetooth for some reason. Personally, I have tried this. Using the wired headset plugged into the phone, leaving the phone on the counter and walking around the room with the Bluetooth headset while I get work done would be an ideal setup for me. I'd actually use the FM radio more often, but I can't chance getting the cord caught on things as I work.

richardb10

May 8, 2016
Visit site
.....you can transmit fm radio but as outlined above not using the on-board Bluetooth. If you connect a Mixcder Bluetooth transceiver (or similar Bluetooth transmitter...available cheaply on ebay amazon etc) to your phone using a longer 3.5mm lead than comes with the transmitter to make a good enough antenna - though I do live in a bad fm reception area. I've actually used a 3.5mm splitter I had hanging around and just attached my wired headphones to the other 3.5mmm socket coming out of the phone; this gives plenty of antenna for radio reception and the set up although a bit Heath-Robinson works well transmitting to my Bluetooth headphones....certainly cheaper than a new pair of headphones with an all but useless fm radio in them and it means I don't disturb my clients with the radio when working on their houses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2