Best Android phone for WP defector?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

I'm not going to restate the many missteps and blunders that Microsoft has made regarding WP, so suffice it to say that I've had enough. I'm tired of playing for a losing team, when I really don't have to.
I use a lot of Google services on my Windows devices, so I think Android would be the better choice for me. Problem is that I do not know a damn thing about Android hardware, and it's a bit overwhelming to just jump in. Any tips for picking a good phone? Websites or articles you found helpful, etc.

And for what it's worth, I have Verizon.

P.S. Please, just real advice, don't just come tell me how bad Android is. I know it will be different, and there will be things about WP that I miss, but overall I think I'll be happier. And if not, I'll just switch back if Microsoft ever gets their **** together (which is doubtful).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would really head on over to AC and pester people there since its what they do over there.

Anyways, I've found GSMArena's reviews to be some of the best, I especially find their battery tests useful.
I also read Ars Technica, AC, etc.

In the bargain bin, the Moto phones are definitely something, a Nexus may be the way to go if you can otherwise.
I'm reluctant to plug BLU and other cheaper phones since it seems updates over there isn't so hot.

If you had to go carrier branded, I would get something popular so hopefully updates wouldn't be forgotten entirely - but untied from a carrier is probably recommended. (but its VZW so that may be an issue.)

If I could get any Android phone, it'd probably be an Xperia Compact or if I had to be cheap, and older Galaxy S or Moto E/G/X. (although I'd love a BB Priv or Galaxy in a smaller package - Nexus phones are also of note.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Nexus 6 | Verizon Wireless

I always say if you are going Android, go Nexus.

My wife recently got a Nexus 6. Nice gear.

With Nexus you get the fastest and longest update support. Moar hacks, moar ROMs, easier bootloader unlock and rooting, none of that knox fuse bullsnot, way moar options from the indie dev crowd and way easier to implement. In short, all the things that make Android desirable and flexible and "cool."

But, you know, we are at heart Windows Folk.

Try asking over here: Ask Anything - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers